Deep sigh. Let’s do this again. Deep. Deep. Deep. Deep. Sigh.
Another brewing location has unfortunately met its end; and this time again the result of COVID-19 / coronavirus / the pandemic / all that is wrong with the world in 2020.
This time, the brewing location at hand is Mikkeller Brewing NYC located at Citi Field. They made their announcement this morning, informing everyone of their decision, and that yes, it’s permanent going forward. They took to Instagram this morning, posting the following on their Instagram page:
This follows on the heels of several other breweries closing in the past few months, a notable one recently being Spigot Brewing out of Ford City in Pennsylvania, who also stated COVID-19 as their main reason for closing.
Mikkeller Brewing stated that they would condense and keep their American operations through their San Diego brewery and will continue to brew out of the facility there.
This is an unfortunate loss to Citi Field and the NYC area. I know, personally, I was hoping to get to see a Phillies – Mets game and enjoy some of their delicious beers at the game, but alas, I suppose it’s not meant to be.
You can read about more brewery closures here:
- Stoudt’s Brewing Closing
- Crystal Ball Brewing Closes
- Voodoo Brewery Lancaster Closes
- Spigot Brewing Closes
- Full Pint Brewing Closes
- Night Shift Brewing Cancels Expansion
- Mikkeller Brewing NYC Closes Permanently
And in better, happier news, check out our articles on brewery openings:
Be sure to check out our other articles on brewery openings:
- A Sneak Preview of Rubber Soul Brewing (Hummelstown)
- Midwest Coast Brewing Opens (Chicago)
- Rally Point – Cox Brewing Taproom Opens (Elizabethtown)
- Boneshire Brew Works to Open Second Taproom in Harrisburg (Harrisburg)
- Irv’s Pub Rebranded as Rotunda Brewing Pub (Hershey)
- Official BBQ (Pizza Boy Secondary Location) (Rutherford)
- Pilger Ruh Brewing Needs Your Help (Pottsville)
- Highway Manor Brewing Co. (Camp Hill)
- Grand Opening: Rubber Soul Brewing Company (Hummelstown)
- Tap Room Opening: Howling Henry’s Brewery (Hummelstown)
Please be sure to follow us on our social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Influence. Please be sure to also follow, like, subscribe to the blog here itself to keep updated. We love to hear from you guys, so be sure to leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Also, in recent news, the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) 2020 ended (their 34th edition; this year virtually rather than in person in Boulder, Colorado), and they’ve announced their winners. You can see what Pennsylvania Breweries won here.
Hopefully, this will be the last of brewery closures (though sadly, I doubt it, but we can keep our fingers crossed). Be sure to check out local breweries and support them in these troubling times, try and help out where you can, and keep these great places open for the post-COVID environment. They need our help and support more now than ever before.