Amidst the chaos and craziness that was the Presidential Debate, Rubber Soul Brewing made their own waves, announcing last night around 8-9PM their grand opening date. In the town of Hummelstown as well as the Central PA area their announcement might have caused more chaos than was on stage at the Presidential Debate, and at least no one had to shout “OH SHUT UP MAN” or look like they were falling asleep either.
While out walking my dog despite the rain – and even walking past the Rubber Soul Brewery itself – on Facebook, Instagram, and their own website, Rubber Soul posted the official date for their grand opening.
Are you ready for it?
The grand opening for Rubber Soul is set for 10.05.20. As per their Facebook post:
“10.5.20 [cheers emoji]”
Simple. Effective. And to the point. They did reply to some comments and elaborate, and posted their website to point out more information. As per their website, their hours will be as such:
- Monday: 6:30AM – 10:00PM
- Tuesday: 6:30AM – 10:00PM
- Wednesday: 6:30AM – 10:00PM
- Thursday: 6:30AM – 10:00PM
- Friday: 6:30AM – 11:00PM
- Saturday: 6:30AM – 11:00PM
- Sunday: 11:00AM – 9:00PM
They also posted their rules for entering the brewery and drinking and being there (due to COVID-19):
To keep our customers and sOul tribe safe and healthy, please read our general information below. We greatly appreciate your patience during this #COVIDTIME.
- Masks are required unless you are seated at your table.
- All orders are to be placed from your table by a Refueler (Rubber Soul Server).
- All onsite beer & alcohol orders require a food purchase.
- Please respect a 2 hour time limit during peak times.
- Seating is first come, first serve.
- Do not move tables or seating as they are measured out for social distancing.
- We are not filling growlers, only 32 oz. crowler cans at this time.
- One hour before close we will go to pizzas only.
- Children are welcome but must stay seated or in the accompaniment of an adult.
- Please no pets. We love them but they make social distancing hard.
- Our water station is not available at this time.
- *If you have experienced symptoms related to COVID-19 or have had exposure to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please refrain from visiting.
You can check out their website for the latest on their food menu, their beers that will be on tap on their opening day, as well as some pictures. You can also read my article I did back in February detailing the brewery and its transition from former borough building / police station to brewery. A SNEAK PEAK AT THE NEW RUBBER SOUL BREWERY COMING TO HUMMELSTOWN, PA.
A few days ago, on the blog’s Facebook page I posted some pictures from a dog walk by the brewery, as well as their Untappd menu (screenshot). They have their brewery as a ‘verified venue’ on Untappd so you can keep track of their beer offerings, as well as use their website, which lists the following beers for their opening day:
- Soul Patch – Pilsner – Czech
- Fresh Dew – Pale Ale – American
- Humdinger – IPA – American
- Soul Searching #1 – IPA – American
- Garage Racer 2020 – IPA – American
- Awake My Soul – Porter – Coffee
If you have driven or walked by the Rubber Soul brewery the past week or so, you would see groups gathered inside, with the lights and televisions on. They were doing invite parties for different groups, preparing for their big opening, which will take place on Monday, October 5th, 2020.
From walking by it (quite often, as I love walking my dog through Hummelstown, and they are in between my parents and my house, as well as my friend Tony’s is only a few houses down from it through the back alley leading to Railroad Street), they did a tremendous and beautiful job on the building. I absolutely can’t wait to check it out inside, let alone drink the delicious beers.
Donovan Krebs, the brewer for the new Rubber Soul, has worked for some fine breweries in the past, including Levante Brewing, Neshaminy Brewing Co, and others.
His beers will be wonderful for the area and will be well sought after I am sure.
Be sure to check out the article to see the brewery inside and out and to read up on some of the things the brewery will offer: A Sneak Peak at Rubber Soul.
Be sure to check them out sometime Monday, October 5th, 2020. I will be there, thats for sure. I can’t wait to try out their delicious beers and wonderful food! Can’t wait to see you all there!
Be sure to check out our other articles on brewery openings:
- A Sneak Preview of Rubber Soul Brewing (Hummelstown)
- Midwest Coast Brewing Opens (Chicago)
- Grand Opening of Hemauer Brewing
- Rally Point – Cox Brewing Taproom Opens (Elizabethtown)
- Boneshire Brew Works to Open Second Taproom in Harrisburg (Harrisburg)
- Irv’s Pub Rebranded as Rotunda Brewing Pub (Hershey)
- Official BBQ (Pizza Boy Secondary Location) (Rutherford)
- Pilger Ruh Brewing Needs Your Help (Pottsville)
- Highway Manor Brewing Co. (Camp Hill)
- Grand Opening: Rubber Soul Brewing Company (Hummelstown)
- Tap Room Opening: Howling Henry’s Brewery (Hummelstown)
And check out our beer review of the Tattered Soul collaboration beer between Tattered Flag and Rubber Soul Brewing:
Please be sure to follow us on our social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Influence. Please be sure to also follow, like, subscribe to the blog here itself to keep updated. We love to hear from you guys, so be sure to leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Thanks for reading! Can’t wait to enjoy a beer together at Rubber Soul!